The ongoing COVID-19 crisis is projected to exacerbate unemployment rates across the country. Some economists estimate joblessness will soar to over 10% as a result of the pandemic.
Research tells us that unemployment can cause food insecurity. For this reason, connecting unemployed individuals with unemployment benefits is key to ensuring food security.
The info sheets below detail…
- Who is eligible for Illinois unemployment benefits?
- How are unemployment benefits calculated?
- What is the duration of unemployment benefits?
- How are unemployment claims filed?
- What can you do if a claim is denied?
Some other financial resources:
- NFPN COVID-19 Food Insecurity Resources
- How to Get Unemployment Benefits, Rent Relief, and More (by Block Club Chicago)
- How to Get Free Meals for your Child while CPS is Closed (by Block Club Chicago)
- New York Times COVID-19 Help Hub