Growing Home’s urban organic farm is once again hiring for its Production Assistant job training program.
Based in Englewood, Growing Home is Chicago’s leading expert in farm-based training for people with employment barriers.
Growing Home knows that when people have jobs, they have financial stability in their lives. Financial stability helps people eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle.
Also, when communities have access to healthy food options, the overall well-being and health of the community improves.
Job Training Program Highlights
Growing Home’s paid Production Assistant job training program combines time spent working on the on-site urban farm with lessons on work readiness and environmental literacy, an emotional resilience curriculum, and ongoing support for career success post-graduation.
- Applicants who are accepted begin with a job training program that pays $16/hour for 16-20 hours per week.
- The job training program will be via remote learning due to COVID-19.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older, unemployed, and Chicago residents.
- Participants are meant to transition into permanent, full-time employment after graduation.
Program participants also have opportunities to earn professional certifications, gain access to free legal consultation for record sealing and expungement, and receive the support of a case manager available to provide referrals for supportive services.
Growing Home will continue to facilitate the 2020 program as a blended virtual and in-person curriculum.
- Farm-based portions of the program will still be held on-site with heightened health and safety measures.
- All traditionally classroom-based lessons will be facilitated virtually over Zoom.
Attached to this email is an updated Production Assistant Job Description that provides more detail on exactly what the blended on-site/remote job training program will look like.
Application Deadline for Cohort 3: August 21st, 2020
The application process will be run entirely remotely. It is outlined at the end of the Job Description flyer.
If you have any questions about the remote application process or the program, you can reach out to Amelia Nawn, Growing Home’s Program Operations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See this link for more details and check out the flyers below!