The newly created Lawndale Cares Virtual Helpline is now helping residents in Lawndale and surrounding neighborhoods find local resources and meet basic needs.
- The helpline is available to North Lawndale residents and those in nearby communities, including Little Village.
- Residents can request help online by…
- Residents can also call the helpline at 800-655-1626.
- Volunteers and helpline staff are available 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday for immediate assistance.
Additionally, the Lawndale Cares mutual aid network has created The Compassion Fund for North Lawndale residents to get help paying for food, child care, transportation assistance and housing.
- Here is the link to apply for funds.
Check out this Block Club Chicago article for more details about these awesome grassroots resources.